INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUTHORS
(click here for PDF version)
INTEREULAWEAST Journal for International and European Law, Economics and Market Integrations publishes scientific papers from the field of law and economics, with an emphasis on: (1) legal and economic aspects of European Union and other market integrations, (2) market freedoms and restrictions, (3) competition law and intellectual property, (4) company law and corporate governance, (5) international trade, (6) international private and public law.The editorial board accepts scientific papers written exclusively in English. Papers written in other languages won’t be considered for publishing. The paper (with all its content) should not exceed 15 pages.
III. MINIMAL CONTENT OF THE MANUSCRIPT
Each submitted manuscript should include at least:
(1) Author’s general information and contact – title, first name, family name, institution, position, e-mail, street address. Author’s general information and contact should be placed at the top left corner of the first page as showed in sample. The contact information won’t be published and will be solely used for communication with editorial board.
(2) Title – title should be placed at the centre of the page bellow the author’s info leaving two lines empty. The title should be bolded and centred.
(3) Abstract – abstract should be placed bellow the title leaving two lines empty. It should start with word “ABSTRACT” (centred) in the first line. The abstract should include summary of a paper's substance, including its background, purpose, methodology, results, and conclusion, preferably in less than 200 words.
(4) The body of the paper (substance) – The body of the paper should be placed bellow the abstract leaving two lines empty. It should start with the introduction and end with the conclusion. Every chapter of the paper, including introduction and conclusion should be titled. The titles should be bolded and numbered with Arabic numbers (1., 2., 3…). If using multiple levels, subtitles should be also numbered using Arabic numbers (1.1., 1.2., 1.3…).
(5) References (Literature) – The reference list should be placed after the body of the paper leaving two lines empty. The references should contain the list of all the cited sources in alphabetical order.
For more information on minimal content of the manuscript please refer to the sample paper.
IV. FORM OF THE MANUSCRIPT
Please use Microsoft Word only. Any complex formatting e.g. page numbering, headers and footers, indentations, paragraph spacing, section and line brakes etc. should be avoided. Usage of simple empty lines to divide the parts of the manuscripts is preferred. Page should be set to A4, portrait orientation, with 2 cm margins on the each side (top, right, bottom, left).
For the text please use following formatting:
(1) Author’s information, body of the abstract, body of the paper and references: Times New Roman, 12 pt, normal, justify, 1.5 line spacing.
(2) Papers title: Times New Roman, 16 pt, bold, centred, 1.5 line spacing.
(3) Abstract title, chapter titles and subtitles: Times New Roman, 12 pt, bold, centred, 1.5 line spacing.
(4) Footnotes: Times New Roman, 10 pt, normal, justify, single line spacing.
For more information on the form of manuscript please refer to the sample paper.
For citation use footnotes not endnotes. Please follow the examples bellow for correct citation.
1 Šarćević, S., Legal Translation: Preparation for Accession to the European Union, Rijeka, 2001, p. 110.
2 Murray, C. et al., Schmitthoff: The Law and Practice of International Trade, London, 2012, p. 130.
(2) Papers / Articles
1 Rodin, S., National identity and market freedoms after the Treaty of Lisbon, Croatian Yearbook of European Law and Policy, Vol. 7 (7) 2011., p. 14.
2 Horak, H. et al., The freedom of establishment - what does the proposal of the Fourteenth company law directive bring into the European union law?, Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta Sveučilišta u Rijeci, Vol.33 (2) 2012., p. 557.
3) Legal Acts
1 Constitution of the Republic of Croatia, (NN no. 41/01, 55/01.), Art. 5.
2 Council Regulation (EC) No 2157/2001 of 8 October 2001 on the Statute for a European company (SE), (OJ L 294, 10/11/2001), Art. 7.
1 Case Rev-679/90 [01/08/1990] Supreme Court of the Republic of Croatia.
2 Case T-344/99 Arne Mathisen AS v Council  ECR II-2905.
(5) Internet sources
1 < http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/company/news/index_en.htm>, last accessed on 03/02/2013.
2 < http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/org2_e.htm>, last accessed on 15/02/2014.
All submitted papers are subjected to double-blinded review which is ensured by removing author’s data before sending the paper to reviewers. The papers with the positive review will be published and classified either as original scientific articles, preliminary communications, review articles or professional articles.
An original scientific paper presents the results of original research that were not previously published in either full or preliminary form.
A preliminary communication contains at least one new scientific fact or result that requires immediate publication, but it should not contain enough details to test the described results, as is the case with original scientific articles.
A review article contains an overall review of recent and current research in a specific area. Papers in this category are surveys in nature that should contain critical references and evaluations. The references must be complete enough to permit a good insight into the subject-matter.
A professional paper does not have to be based on original research, but it should contribute to the application of well-known research results and present theoretical conceptions.
VII. COPYRIGHTS AND PUBLISHING EXCLUSIVENESS
The Editorial Board accepts for consideration exclusively previously unpublished papers. Authors retain the copyright on the papers published in the journal, but grant the right of the first publication to the journal. The paper accepted for publication or already published in INTEREULAWEAST Journal may be published by the author in other publications only with the permission of the Editorial Board, and in such a case only with proper notice of its publication in INTEREULAWEAST Journal.